Landmarks in the Kirloskar Saga 1888 Our Kirloskar Brothers established.
1901 India's first fodder-cutter made.
1904 First six ploughs made.
1924 Export of ploughs to Britain begins.
1927 Kirloskar becomes the first manufacturer of India's first HP electric motor.
1940 India's first vertical diesel engine manufactured.
1941 The Mysore Kirloskar Limited established.
1946 Kirloskar Oil Engines and Kirloskar Electric established.
1949 India's first 5 HP Petter type AV1 engine manufactured.
1950 Manufacture of bi-metal thin-walled bearings started.
1953 Kirloskar manufactures India's first transformer.
1958 First alternator made and Kirloskar Pneumatic Company established.
1962 Hotel Blue Diamond started, Diversification in Hospitality Industry.
1964 First DC motor made; Kirloskar Consultants and Kirloskar Systems incorporated.
1966 FH Schule purchased in Germany.
1973 First overseas office established in Malaysia.
1975 Bearing plant started in Ahmednagar.
1976 Kirloskar Kenya set up in Nairobi.
1982 First pielstick engine manufactured.
1984 Thyristor convertor made; Kirloskar Ebara JV established for specialisation in Pumps.
1988 Kirloskar Group completes a 100 years in operation; the Centenary year.
1991 Kirsons Trading Pvt. Ltd. Singapore established.
1992 Kirloskar Ferrous Industries Ltd. established.
1993 All major companies in the group receive ISO 9001 Certification.
India's first Concrete Volute Pump installed in Dahanu; KOEL and KEC celebrate Golden Jubilee Merger of Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited, with Prashant Khosla Pneumatic Limited on March 1, 1996.
Agreement to dissolve the partnership between Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited and Cummins Engine Inc. USA dated March 8, 1997 Manufacturing of Anti-Corrosion Coatings at Kirloskar Brothers Limited, Kirloskarvadi.
1. Kirloskar Filters Limited merged with Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited and later demerged to form a joint venture company.
2. Joint Venture between Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited and KNECHT Filterwerke GmbH, Germany, to manufacture automotive and industrial filters.
3. Joint Venture between Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited and Briggs & Stratton Corporation, USA, for the manufacture and sale of stationary non-vehicular, petrol and kerosene gensets and Pumpsets.
1. With the stepping down of Mr. Vijay Kirloskar as Chairman and Director as on 23rd July 1998, the following took over as Chairman and Managing Directors of the respective companies:
Mr. Atul C. Kirloskar, Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited. Mr. Sanjay C. Kirloskar, Kirloskar Brothers Limited. Mr. Rahul C. Kirloskar, Kirloskar Pneumatic Company limited.
2. Mr. Gautam Kulkarni co-opted as an additional director on the Board of Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited, and the directors appointed him as the Joint Managing Director with effect from 20th August 1998, for a period of five years.
3. Joint Venture between Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited and Denso Corporation, Japan, for the manufacture of car air conditioners and aluminium radiators for Automotive applications.
1. Hotel Blue Diamond, Pune and Hotel City Inn, Baramati, undertakings of Poona Industrial Hotel Ltd. were sold to Taj Group of Hotels.
2. Shivaji Works Ltd., merged with Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited.
3. Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited gets ISO 14001 certification for Environment Management Systems from TUV.
4. Collaboration Agreement of Kirloskar Brothers Limited with Ebara Corporation-Japan for Hydro Turbines.
5. ISO 14001 Certifications for major plants of Kirloskar Brothers Limited and Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited.
6. All India trophy of largest exporter of pumps for 11th successive year from EEPC.
Mr. Vijay Kirloskar and six companies under him separate from the Kirloskar group of Companies.
Launch of Kirloskar Green Power Ideas by KOEL at New Delhi on 26th Feb 2000.
2001 KBL gets order to supply concrete volute pumps worth 78 Million US Dollors to world's largest hydro-electric project : Sardar Sarovar Narmada Valley Project•
Toyota Corp. Japan forms a joint venture with Kirloskars to manufacture multi-utility vehicle QUALIS.
Agreement to dissolve the partnership between Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited and Briggs & Stratton Corporation, USA.
Agreement to dissolve the partnership between Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited and KNECHT Filterwerke GmbH, Germany.
Toyota-Kirloskar introduces its latest offering in India the luxury sedan CAMRY.